I am late at this but I believe it’s better late than never. I am so overwhelmed with four nominations for the Liebster award. I am so thankful for it. While it is really tough to write a post for each nomination, I hereby would club all the four nominations under one post and yes I would do justice for each one. When I say this you can be rest assured that this is one long post. 🙂
Something about the Liebster award :
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. What is a Liebster?
Liebster is a German word and means dearest.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Believe me the toughest task isn’t answering the questions the tagger has set for you but it is the list that you have to make of 11 random things about you.
So here I go. Dear readers 11 random thnigs about me are listed here, might not be that interesting but that is it.
1. I am a proud Indian girl
2. I am a banker who is working into IT – Information Technology (the Banking IT)
3. An extrovert in my head but an introvert in real, I speak of all the things in the world within the confined walls of my little brain
4. When in office I can communicate anythibng and everything, but the personal life situation sucks. I just can’t speak up there.
5. Blogging or in fact writing is my newly found love
6. I love reading but my memory is leaked and hence the data storage is faulty
7. I so badly want to own a yellow Volkswagen Beetle
8. I love travelling (Maybe that is the reason for me spending the hectic 3 hrs daily to and fro home to office to home)
9. I am at loss of words at this particular moment while writing these 11 random facts about me
10. I miss my dog and my little brother
11. I wish to lead a glamorous life (Oh please almost every girl wants to)
Finally. Done listing the random things about me. And now it is the show time. Here I go with each of my nominations.
1. Bhavya : My very first nomination was by her. Sorry for responding so late.
Nomination through this post: http://ursilence.blogspot.in/2013/04/an-award-for-me-really-woo-hoo.html
What is the weirdest nickname that was ever given to you?
– Any name be it long or short always is nicknamed. But a friend of mine just calls me ‘Cookie’.
What colour would you assign to best describe your personality?
– Grey, because a lot of area within my brain is a grey matter
You wake up in the morning to find that your head is missing. React.
– What the hell? How do look into mirror now?
What is the one dream that keeps coming back to you? Can be a dream or a nightmare.
– I already mentioned in random facts about me that my memory is leaky. I can never remember my dreams or even nightmares
What movie/fictional character comes close to describing you?
– Buttercup, the toughest one
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
– There would be no borders and boundaries and not even a concept of it. The world would be one large place.
What is writing for you?
– A newly found love
What is your pet peeve?
– I am clueless but my husband would have a lot against me.
Do you believe in God? What is religion for you?
– I am a selective believer in God.
What do you like the most about yourself?
– My zeal to work and make things work
When you die, where would you go? Heaven or Hell? And Why?
– Neither heaven nor hell, I want to hang in here to check on all those who say that I am something for them
Nomination through this post: http://silviatomasvillalobos.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/liebster-blog-award/
1. What is your favorite quote?
– Nothing in specific
2. What makes you smile?
– My husband’s happiness
3. What is your favorite dish?
– Bone china :p
4. If you needed to emigrate, which country would you choose and why?
– Any place where I can earn a lot of money
5. What is your ultimate way of relaxing?
– Read a good book
6. What instrument have you ever wanted to play?
7. What role/part would you play in a movie?
– A princess
8. What’s your favorite song when you’re traveling?
– 😦 I have no such song
9. Mountains, hilltops or beaches — where would you go on vacation?
– Beaches, I just love them
10. Do you prefer reading fiction or nonfiction?
– Fiction it is
11. Name one place/city anywhere in the world you’d like to go. And why?
– Andaman. Beaches beaches beaches it is of.
3. Ficticious Amo – A friend via A to Z blogging challenge April 2013
Nomination through this post: http://ficticiousamo.wordpress.com/2013/05/08/showered-with-compliments/
Tell us one thing you learned from the AtoZ Challenge.
– An ability to write about anything (however good or bad)
Do you like your name? If not what would you change it too?
– Yes I love it. It’s kind of unique
Do you write to music or do you prefer to write in silence?
– Nothing in particular. But if I have to choose then silence it shall be
Apart from the computer, what can you see in front of you?
– Phone 😐
How did you choose the name for your blog?
– The word sumptuous came to mind. I googled it and decided that is it. And so I named my blog ‘Sumptuous Living’
What makes you laugh?
– Rarely anything and anything in random
Would you like to share your Facebook page or Twitter handle?
– Oh sure. My twitter handle is @precarious_me and you can find me on Facebook by searching Kripali Kulkarni
What was your first ever blog post about?
– ‘The Unknown‘
Who was the most influential adult when you were growing up?
– Of all the people I must say my mom
If you could have an all expenses paid holiday anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love to write limericks and short poems – can you write the last line of this one please….
I did the AtoZ
Oh yeay and whoop for me
While others were joggin
I was bloggin
Comments and likes I was gainin
And the love was spreadin
Nomination through this post: http://ventimochamoments.com/2013/05/09/thank-you/
If you could have written any movie or book, which one would it have been and why?
– Dreamcatcher. I don’t know why? But yes it would be.
If there was one person who you had to pick that inspired you to write or blog, who were they?
– Definitely my husband who kept on suggesting that I should start blogging which will help me voice my opinions and thoughts
What other passions do you have if any and do you pursue them daily? Do you which you could?
– I love reading, which I do. But I love playing badminton, which is being left behind as I am running a race called Life
What is your favorite season and why?
– Rains (As it is called in India). Wonderful season it is.
If there is something you wish you knew before you started blogging what was or is it?
– How to hold on to the readers interest
Are you easily distracted when you write…do you write in a quiet, secluded place or can you write anywhere?
– I am glad that I can write anywhere
If you can, share one goal you have for yourself and your blog?
– I want to improve my wrting skill and someday turn my blog into a website with a lot of readers
What have you learned about yourself through blogging or writing?
– That I can bring out the hidden thoughts into this big bright world
If you could be anyone for one day, who would it be and why?
– Money, as people can die for it.
How did you get started blogging?
– My husband introduced me to the idea
How do you have fun?
– By reading, cooking, shopping and partying
What a wonderful feeling it is that someone actually though about me for the award nomination. 🙂
I would love to pass this lovely feeling of being nominated for an award to :
Now here comes the questions for my nominees:
- Do you read? If yes who is your favorite author?
- What sport do you play / follow?
- How best can you describe yourself in ‘one word’?
- If you have a crore to spend in a day what would you spend it on?
- What is Love to you?
- How would you spend the day without a cellphone and internet?
- When you look into the mirror what do you see first?
- What is that favorite game you have played in your childhood?
- The first thing that you do after waking up.
- What is the most unusual thing happened to you in past few days?
- A word/person that comes to your mind on hearing the phrase ‘Apple of my eye’
Whooaa.. Here I go. With all the task for this award being completed. Happy blogging.